Christmas Treat time!

 

Hiya,

Today I wanted to share with you some fabulous Christmas treats which you can enjoy and pick up ready for the big day itself. I know this year will be very different especially for fellow tier 4 members. But at least you know all the food will be gluten free and you won't have to be the nervous person double checking every food item!

Yesterday, my friends and I held a zoom Christmas party where we opened our presents for each other which we had delivered a few days ago. One of my friends kindly gifted me a gluten free Christmas hamper which has prompted me to write this blog post as I want to share some lovely Christmas food items with you so you know which food there is to pick up on your last minute Christmas shop.

- Asda's Mini chocolate logs

These logs are delicious and the gluten free version of a mini yule log! They are chocolate finger cakes with soft chocolate running throughout and have a layer of chocolate icing on the top creating this mouthful of chocolatey goodness.


- Aldi's Free From Mince Pies 

These mince pies are one of my favourites I have tried this year and for a full review CLICK HERE. I have been eating my weight in mince pies at the moment in order to find the best gluten free mince pie and each time I try a new brand, I post a review on my Instagram @the.glutenfreediet so feel free to have a look at my thoughts on the mince pies I have tried so far!

- Asda's Dark chocolate, cranberry and orange tiffins

These taste as festive as they sound and are Christmas in a mouthful which I love, as any food which can get me in the festive spirit is perfect and they come in a pack of five so perfect to share around (or not) over Christmas.

- Aero's chocolate caramel flavour

This again is a festive treat I have been loving recently. I have tried this before and loved it so I'm glad to see this as a new addition to the range as Aero chocolate is one of my favourites. 

- Asda's Shortbread selection

This is something that excited me the most I haven't yet seen a gluten free biscuit selection box so this is definitely something new to try and have in the lead up or over Christmas. In the box is a selection of Canadian maple syrup and pecan; Belgian dark chocolate and ginger; and Italian mixed peel and clementine shortbread biscuits and although it doesn't have the largest number of biscuits, there is an impressive 4 of each flavour which makes it perfect as a Christmas treat for you and the family to enjoy.


- Cadbury's hot chocolate

Yes I know this isn't entirely festive but it is a winter must have for me as what beats sitting on the sofa watching a film whilst drinking a hot chocolate? Cadbury's is one of my favourites but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I find Aldi's version is just as good and is of course gluten free. (Be careful as not all hot chocolates are gluten free - this was one of the first products I forgot to check after becoming gluten free and I soon regretted it!)

I hope this has helped you beat those Covid blues this Christmas and if you have any more suggestions or would like to share your favourite products then feel free to message me on Instagram @the.glutenfreediet or email me theglutenfreediet@gmail.com .

Much Love

X

Comments