Microwave banana bread recipe - Gluten Free

Hiya, 

Today I'm going to be sharing with you my recipe for a quick and easy banana bread that takes less than 5 minutes to make and cook; so is great for a quick and easy snack or to fix your banana bread cravings. 

For me banana bread is one of those foods that is homely and super easy to make which makes it even more enjoyable; also as a student I find it perfect for when I'm looking for something to eat that will fill me up but is quick and also delicious

In lockdown, I know a lot of people been making banana bread but with limited food around I found it best to make a single serving in a mug, (and this helps to stop me eating the whole loaf!)

So here's my super quick and easy banana bread recipe for cooking in the microwave:

Ingredients: 
- Cooking spray or some oil (I used the 1 Cal spray oil by fry light)
- 3 Tbsp self raising flour - Gluten free (or if you don't have any self raising flour you can use plain flour and add 1 tsp of baking powder)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Ripe mashed banana 
- 1 Tsp Xanthan Gum (although this is not essential, I've found when cooking gluten free food it allows the food to have a much nicer texture)

Method:
1) Spray the microwave safe mug with the cooking spray
2) In the mug mix together the flour, sugar, salt.
3) Add the egg and mix until incorporated into the dry ingredients
4) Add the oil, vanilla extract, milk and banana and mix thoroughly making sure that no dry ingredients are left at the bottom of the cup. 
5) Put this in the microwave for up to 3 minutes but make sure to check half way through to see how cooked through it is as every cup will give a different cooking time!
6) When you remove it from the microwave make sure to be careful as it will be hot so leave it for a minute or two to avoid burning your mouth so you can enjoy to the best of your ability!

As always, if you do give this recipe a try let me know by sending me a picture or tagging me on Instagram @the.glutenfreediet

Much Love,

X







Comments