May favourites

May bullet journal front page #bulletjournal #bujo #frontpage ...


Hiya,

Each month I want to share my favourite products and new finds that I have been loving so far this month. As you will know the free-from shelves are ever growing and I love the feeling when I find something new in my local supermarket.

So far this month I've loved having toast, spread thickly with a spread, for my brunch, whilst sitting in the garden in the morning. Following the gluten free diet has meant that many spreads aren't gluten free so I've had to look for alternatives. 

One of my favourite spreads is Marmite which of course you either love or hate. Personally, I LOVE it so to not have Marmite seems near on impossible to me. Recently I have discovered a version by Meridian and it tastes so good. Although it doesn't explicitly say gluten free on the label, I experience no symptoms and the real foods website states 'Meridian have strict cross contamination controls and no gluten warnings on any of their range that don't actually contain gluten. Whilst they are not certified gluten free, they are suitable for coeliac diets.'  I have seen this yeast extract sold by many online retailers but I bought mine from my local Holland & Barrett and its amazing and tastes just like Marmite!
Meridian Yeast Extract  

Another current love of mine at the moment are these Prewetts quadruple chocolate cookies. They are probably some of the nicest biscuits I have ever tried, they are not hard and tasteless like many biscuits that are currently stocked on our shelves. So if you get the chance do give them a try, I have seen them in many health food shops but also in supermarkets such as Waitrose.
Prewetts Quadruple Chocolate Cookies
Another snack that I have been devouring this month is chocolate coated macaroons. Although I have never been a huge fan of coconut, these chocolate macaroons are deliciously soft and full of flavour and definitely worth a try. 
Mrs Crimbles 6 Large Choc Macaroons | The Cake Man
Last but not least, on the days I haven't been enjoying a late morning brunch, I have been enjoying 'Nestle go free choco rice cereal' - Nestle's answer to gluten free coco pops. These were a new find for me and ever since finding them recently, I have not stopped reaching for them in the mornings!
Nestle Go Free Coco Rice Cereal 295G

I hope that you have enjoyed my first month of My Monthly Favourites, and if you see any of these products do give them a try and let me know your thoughts on any of these foods. 

Much Love 

X


Comments